Lecturer in Business / FE and HE
Full Time / Permanent
Based across the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City Campus
£25,433 - £30,363 per annum - Depending on Experience, top end salary achievable after 2 years of employment – Teacher Training offered
Working together with Taking Teaching Further we are recruiting for a Lecturer in Business, due to increased enrolment numbers, and an expanding Curriculum, we are looking for engaging and inspiring people to join our Business team.
We are keen to hear from individuals with a diverse range of experience. As well as wanting to hear from qualified teachers who already deliver Level 2, 3 and level 4 Business Courses, we are also interested in hearing from newly qualified Business graduates or individuals from industry wanting to take their first step into further education.
Here at Oaklands we offer a robust Teacher Training programme, whilst learning the role ‘on the job’ full support is given throughout your development to fully qualified teacher status. Whilst in employment you would be enrolled onto the Level 3 Award in Education and training. After completion you would be enrolled onto our Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification.
This is a great way for experienced professionals to achieve a recognised teaching qualification whilst in employment.
Whilst completing your Level 3 teaching qualification you would be offered a structured induction programme and be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the College.
It would be an advantage if candidates have the following experience or knowledge in these key areas;
- Economics/Finance for Business
- Methods & systems
- Developing the business professional;
- Product Innovation
- Business Law
What would we like to see? Individuals with a strong commitment to the education of young people! Excellent organisation skills are essential, alongside the ability to motivate and engage with people from a range of backgrounds.
You will join a fantastic team who are committed to creating an inspiring curriculum for our new cohort of students and will take an active role in the curriculum design and lesson planning, ensuring students are ready for their next steps.
If you would like to find out more information about this position or if you have any questions around the teaching qualification please contact the Recruitment team.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th August
Due to COVID-19, Interviews may take place via Microsoft Teams or on site on Wednesday 19th August, shortlisted candidates will be provided with a date and details of the interview.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.