Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Construction (Multi-Skilled) to join our team at our Ellesmere Port Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
• Develop the practical skills through demonstrations and instruction in
practical workshops and realistic working environments;
• Assess learners against identified frameworks; and
• Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Higher level qualification (Level 3 or above) in relevant discipline;
• Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or commitment to work towards;
• Verifier Award (or commitment to work towards);
• Experience in multi-skills (Carpentry, Joinery, Brickwork);
• PGCE or commitment to work towards;
• Proven experience in the Construction industry;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience; and
• Enhanced DBS check
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found in the attached document.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on 4 October 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 11 October 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.