Salary: Up to £23,811 per annum pro rata for unqualified and
Up to £34,917 per annum pro rata qualified.
Hours: Part-Time, 18.5 hours per week (0.5FTE)
Start date: 1st September 2019
Fixed Term for 1 year
A day in the life of…..
• Developing and delivering innovative English content to a range of different learners including apprenticeships
• High quality lesson planning to ensure all learners have the opportunity to achieve
• Providing positive and focussed feedback to learners on progression and development of knowledge
• Working as part of a wider college team to ensure all learners have the best experience
• Experience of teaching English language GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications at differing levels
• Experience of developing schemes of work and writing lesson plans
• An innovative and engaging teaching style
• Level 2 qualifications or above in maths and English
• Level 3 qualification in English
• Degree in English or related subject
• Teaching qualification or the commitment to gain one
Ideal attributes of applicant:
• Innovative and positive teaching practice
• Excellent communicator and the ability to work in a college wide context providing detail on achievement to a wide range of staff
• Proactive and organised ensuring that all learners receive the best experience possible
Eastleigh College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.