Lecturer in ESOL
Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Maternity Cover to July 2022)
Hours: 22.2 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port and Chester Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in ESOL to join our team at our Ellesmere Port Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience on Pre-entry to Level 2 including community provision and working with learners with basic literacy needs.
The ideal candidate will hold or will be willing to work towards QTLS and subject-specific teaching qualifications to effectively deliver programmes in ESOL with a focus on functional language.
• Prepare and teach on a range of ESOL courses;
• Train and assess learners in the College environment; and
• Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
• PGCE or commitment to work towards;
• GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths;
• Proven experience of teaching ESOL;
• Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment; and
• Up-to-date occupational experience.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found in the attached document.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on 29 October 2021.
The selection process will take place in week commencing 8 November 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.