Full Time 37 hours per week
Based across the St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and Borehamwood Campuses
£25,181 - £30,063 per annum depending upon experience, qualifications and suitability
Oaklands College is looking for a full time qualified ESOL-EFL Lecturer to teach students aged 16-18 and adults across our friendly and high-performing department.
Our classes take place on our three campuses: St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and Borehamwood. You will teach on full time ESOL 16-18, part time adult ESOL (day or evening), part-time EFL or community based courses.
• Specialist Teaching qualification e.g. minimum of Cambridge CELTA, Trinity Certificate in TESOL or ESOL Level 4 Subject Specialism.
• One year's relevant teaching experience in Further Education.
• A PGCE, Level 5 Diploma or Cambridge DELTA
• Experience of teaching basic literacy and functional skills to ESOL students.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd January 2020
Interview Date: TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.