Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 2GB & Stafford College ST16 2QR
Full-time & Part-time positions available
Salary: £23,665 - £33,585
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a Lecturer of English within our GCSE & Functional Skills team.
Our ideal candidate will be an inspiring lecturer who has a proven record of innovation and a pro-active approach to delivery. You will have also demonstrated an understanding and sensitivite towards the needs of your learners and used this to help them reach their true potential.
Based in our cross college English and Mathematics department, we are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player. As well as relevant experience, you will be qualified with an English or related degree. You will have achieved a teaching qualification at Level 5 (DTLLS or equivalent).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in raising the standard and awareness of English across college
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To be involved in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a Christmas closure period)
The closing date for completed applications is 8th September 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.