Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
Skipton has good transport links and is easily accessible from Burnley 19 miles, Bradford 18 miles, Keighley 10 miles and Harrogate 22 miles.
We are currently seeking to employ an inspirational and motivated Lecturer in Land Based studies and Engineering to teach a range of countryside, agriculture and agricultural engineering subjects. We welcome interest from all individuals from experienced teachers to experienced mechanics working in industry.
The ideal candidate will be able to prepare, mark, assess and record students work as necessary to meet quality assurance and self-assessment requirements. Assist with the effective planning and organisation of Engineering programmes, and teach on a range of Agriculture, Countryside, Agricultural Engineering and related courses with students of varying ability to include programmes specifically intended to re-engage learners with mainstream education. Measure the success, retention, achievement and recruitment of your learners by different equality strands and put in place action plans to address any underperformance.
This position could be combined with S781D Land Based Engineering Learning & Development Adviser job role.
- Broad knowledge and experience of servicing and maintenance for a range of specialist agricultural equipment and machinery;
- Relevant professional qualification in Agricultural, Agricultural Engineering to Diploma Level (Level 3);
- Current teaching qualification to PGCE/Cert Ed level or equivalent or willing to work towards, with the support of the College
- Relevant experience of working within the agricultural and agricultural engineering industry;
- Previous experience of leading a team and the ability to undertake the role of Programme Tutor;
- Ability to motivate and inspire learners, particularly those who may have history of poor engagement at school
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
- Ability to work both as an effective team member and on own initiative;
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of interpersonal skills;
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies, including examination boards and employers;
- Appreciation of quality issues in Further Education;
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the College;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the School curriculum;
- Ability to plan and implement activities, manage projects and work to targets;
- Ability to liaise effectively with Management/staff and external bodies/agencies;
- Current full driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.
- The ability to teach high quality sessions remotely maintaining a high level of student engagement
- Knowledge of correct hygiene and cleaning procedures with a clear awareness of Health and Safety issues in line with industry standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.