Cambridge Regional College have a new opportunity for a Maths Teacher to join our Construction and Motor Vehicle team in Huntingdon.
You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis until July 2022, and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £25,006 to £36,808 per annum, plus staff benefits.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country.
CRC is a college to be proud of. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant.
You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
Just some of the benefits you can get as our Maths teacher, include:
• 42 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata)
• Generous teachers pension scheme
• Free gym membership option and discounted classes
• Discounted rates on college courses
• BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
• Free on-site car parking
• Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
• On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
• Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
• Staff Development opportunities.
About the Maths teacher role:
At Cambridge Regional College we have a whole organisation approach to Maths and English provision based upon our commitment to improve the skills of learners by supporting them to achieve GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications.
This particular teaching opportunity sits within the Construction and Motor Vehicle Department at our Huntingdon Campus.
You’ll provide high quality teaching and access to learning.
It is expected that the post holder will contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the area generally.
You’ll teach GCSE Maths/Functional Skills Maths to learners from Entry Level to Level 2 within the College.
Primary duties will include:
• Deliver high quality teaching and learning to a timetable
• Undertake tutorial responsibilities
• Assist in the recruitment and admission of new students
• Team administration, liaison and development
• Professional development and industrial links
• Undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade, as agreed with the Line Manager.
What we are looking for in our Maths Teacher:
• English and Maths GCSE or equivalent, grade C or above
• Maths A Level or higher qualification
• Qualified to deliver GCSE Maths to learners with varying levels of ability
• Able to teach and assess Functional Maths desirable
• Enthusiastic, organised and a team player
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, including IT
• Prepared to work days, evenings or weekends
• Willingness and ability to travel independently and teach classes across the geographic area covered by the College
• Highly motivational teaching skills as relevant to the curriculum.
Please see Job Description for more information. (Note: Internally this role is known as Lecturer – Mathematics.)
How to apply:
We are keen to find the right qualified professional with drive and passion for this fixed term role and to start as soon as possible.
If you have the skills and passion to be our Maths teacher, please apply online today.
Deadline: 31 JuL 2021
Interviews: 5th July 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this Recruitment Learner Engagement vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.