If you're self-motivated, enjoy helping others and have strong interpersonal skills, then you have what it takes to become a Lecturer in Plastering at Coleg y Cymoedd. This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established company that values your contribution, supports your personal development and challenges you to do your absolute best for our learners.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Plastering to join our Construction team. Based at our Ystrad Mynach campus, the successful candidate will join us on a part-time, permanent basis and will receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary. The ideal candidate will be able to support learners to achieve successful outcomes. Setting high expectations for learners and contribute to an environment that encourages all learners to be aspirational.
It is a very exciting time for Coleg y Cymoedd – outcomes for learners have improved significantly, with examples of sector leading practice in some schools, and both academic and vocational programmes achieving outcomes in line with national comparators. We have made a significant investment in the estate, which includes two new campuses at Aberdare and Nantgarw, and a number of industry specific centres of excellence, supported by a range of high-profile employers.
The college’s success would not be possible without the dedication and commitment of our employees and the construction team work hard to ensure that Coleg y Cymoedd is a good place to work.
The Lecturer in Plastering will be based at our Ystrad Mynach campus but may be required to work at our Aberdare, Nantgarw & Rhondda Campus. Ystrad Mynach is a town in the County Borough of Caerphilly. The campus is approximately 5 miles from Caerphilly town and is approximately 12 miles from Cardiff. The campus is easily accessible by car, bus and train. The nearby Penallta Colliery was the last coal mine in the valley to close. Today, as well as the college, the town houses council offices, a community hospital and a number of schools. Caerphilly County Borough have also invested heavily in a Centre for Sporting Excellence in a bid to create a thriving sporting culture within the region.
• Prepare appropriate teaching, learning and assessment materials
• Effectively plan to meet the needs of all learners
• Refer learners for specialist support where appropriate
• Ensure the planning, delivery and management of teaching and learning complies with the Quality Assurance System (as varied from time to time)
• Establish and implement effective classroom management
• Actively participate in quality improvement activities
• Act as course tutor if required, with responsibility for monitoring and controlling the quality of a course or group of courses.
Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of a lecturer.
• Educated to a recognised standard in relevant subject areas
• Minimum Level 3 qualification in Plastering – (Essential requirement)
• Minimum 5 GCSEs
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
• Demonstrated suitability to work with children and vulnerable adults
• Demonstrable understanding of subject area
WHAT WE OFFER
The college offers a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the essential contribution our staff make to our success and growth. To name but a few, you will have aces to:
• Final salary pension schemes
• Free on-site parking on all our campuses
• Discounted leisure membership
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Family friendly policies
• Access to free Wi-Fi and Microsoft Office 365
• Staff recognition awards
• Opportunities for development
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive salary
• Industry specific centres of excellence
• Award winning college and team
• Very competitive benefits package
• Excellent opportunities for growth and development
The closing date for applications is: 08/02/2021 at 12:00PM (shortlisted candidates to be advised on 15/02/2021). If you do not hear from the college by 15/02/2021, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please do NOT include a CV.
Please note: The college would normally obtain references before applicants are invited to interview.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share its commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure via the DBS along with a number of other pre-employment checks.