Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Plumbing to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience. This post is open to both experienced teachers and those aspiring to become a Lecturer.
• Prepare and teach on a range of Plumbing courses;
• Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment;
• Train and assess learners in College and the workplace;
• Actively engage with the Estate Management team to provide customer focussed, real-world, opportunities for learners; and
• Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Level 3 (or equivalent) in Plumbing;
• Industry experience (minimum 3 years) – domestic and commercial plumbing systems;
• Central heating systems – traditional and combination boilers;
• Working with Gas (Gas Safe experience required);
• Up-to-date with Corgi Regulations;
• GCSE grade C (4/5) in Maths and English;
• PGCE or commitment to work towards;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience; and
• Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found in the attached document.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension Scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty Salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on 29 October 2021.
The selection process will take place on 8 November 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.