HOURS/DURATION: 37 HOURS PER WEEK/FIXED-TERM UNTIL 31/08/2022 OR UNTIL THE RETURN OF THE CURRENT POST HOLDER, WHICHEVER IS SOONER. (MATERNITY COVER)
Location: NANTGARW CAMPUS (BUT MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK AT OUR ABERDARE, RHONDDA AND YSTRAD MYNACH CAMPUS)
If you're a driven individual who enjoys working as part of a high performing team, you are self-motivated, hardworking and have strong interpersonal skills, then you can flourish within our school. This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established company that values your contribution, supports your personal development and challenges you to do your absolute best for our learners.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Lecturer to join the School of Sport, Travel and Public Services. Based at our Nantgarw Campus, the successful candidate will join us on a full-time, maternity cover and will receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary in line with teaching terms and conditions. The ideal candidate will be confident in delivering on BTEC programmes of study ranging from Level 1 through to Level 3. They will need experience in delivering high performance sport, as the role involves working within the college netball academy and ensuring learners manage time appropriately between the studies and performance sport. You will be expected to deliver innovative and thought-provoking sessions allowing learners to progress as performers. The ideal candidate will be confident in preparing and planning varied and differentiated academic lessons in line with teaching and learning plans and specifications from relevant awarding bodies. An essential element of the role is delivering engaging and interactive lessons, across a variety of subject specific topics. You will need to be comfortable working collaboratively within the sports team and develop excellent working relationships within the wider staff team of the school. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hardworking and respond well to challenge in line with school targets.
• Prepare appropriate teaching/coaching, learning and assessment materials
• Effectively plan to meet the needs of all learners
• Refer learners for specialist support where appropriate
• Ensure the planning, delivery, assessment and management of teaching and learning complies with the Quality Assurance Systems
• Establish and implement effective classroom management
• Actively participate in quality improvement activities
• Act as course tutor if required, with responsibility for monitoring and controlling the quality of a course or group of courses.
• Regularly review learner understanding of learning objectives.
• Regularly evaluate TLAPs.
• Ensure lessons are well-paced and stimulating.
• Plan, prepare and review high performance coaching sessions
• Make appropriate use of the Virtual Learning Environment and relevant Digital platforms to support delivery.
• Offer regular and constructive feedback to learners on their work to support learner progress.
• Use data to inform best practice and monitor learner progress against targets.
• Monitor grade profiles and successful completion rates within the subject against national comparators.
• Monitor learner attendance, punctuality, and well-being.
WHAT WE OFFER
The college offers a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the essential contribution our staff make to our success and growth. To name but a few, you will have aces to:
• Final salary pension schemes
• Free on-site parking on all our campuses
• Discounted leisure membership
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Family friendly policies
• Access to free Wi-Fi and Microsoft Office 365
• Staff recognition awards
• Opportunities for development
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive salary
• Industry specific centres of excellence
• Award winning college and team
• Very competitive benefits package
• Excellent opportunities for growth and development
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021 at 12:00PM (shortlisted candidates to be advised on Friday 29th October 2021). If you do not hear from the college by Friday 29th October 2021, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The interview will take place on Tuesday 2nd November, 2021. (TBC)
Please note: The college would normally obtain references before applicants are invited to interview.
We are willing to consider a job share or condensed hours for this role.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share its commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure via the DBS along with a number of other pre-employment checks.