We are currently looking for a HE lecturer to join our team at Everton Football college, to teach and assess our Sport Development and Sport Coaching Foundation Degree.
You will be supporting our learners academically, pastorally and within work related learning.
The successful post holder will be expected to work flexibly to contribute to the development of all aspects of the foundation degree.
Please note this is a part time position, 21 hours a week.
• To assist in the development of appropriate undergraduate modules, resources, schemes of work, assessment and teaching strategies in the curriculum and subject area.
• To attend all appropriate meetings.
• To plan, prepare and deliver courses and lectures.
• To teach students at the appropriate level, including the setting and marking of assignment work using a variety of methods.
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
• To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching.
• To ensure a high-quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
• To prepare and update subject materials.
• To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the degree.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with college procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework.
• To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, subject area and school procedures.
Essential teaching experience as well as;
Graduate in related discipline
Evidence of Higher Degree in related discipline (MA/MSc)
Teaching experience/qualification (PGCE/PGCert TLHE)
Experience of module & programme development including the delivery of theory and practical based learning and assessment
An ability to deliver and develop an innovative and inspiring educational experience at undergraduate level
Successful teaching experience FE/HE
Demonstrate a high level of successful outcomes and achievement for all students
If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, then please get in touch today.
Please note we are looking for the successful applicant to start in September 2019.
Everton Free School & Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.