Lecturer in Trowel Trades / Bricklaying
Variable hours Bank Contract
3 days per week – Days to be confirmed
Based at the St Albans Campus
Hourly Paid £25.22 teaching rate / £16.31 per hour non-teaching
Do you have a passion for construction or your trade?
Be part of the team in developing the next generation of Bricklayers use your knowledge, skills and experience to create a brighter future for construction.
We are recruiting for a Lecturer to teach Brickwork predominantly across Level 1 and Level 2 across multi-trades. You will teach students in both practical and theory lessons. Updating and developing the course material including suitable training aids, lesson plans. There would be a requirement for you to teach Functional Skills in Maths and English.
The successful candidate will have a construction based qualification, particularly in brickwork and have 3 years relevant industry experience. Teacher training will be provided as part of the Lecturer role, candidates from industry will be considered.
You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, or working with young people.
The college offers a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the college.
In addition to this, we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th August
Due to COVID-19, Interviews may take place via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided with details of the interview after the closing date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.