LEISURE CENTRE ASSISTANT
Location: The Ridgeway School Leisure Centre
Salary Grade: J
Salary Band: £8.55 per hour
Location: Wroughton, Swindon
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Casual
Closing Date: Sunday 22 September 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Please Note - Candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. Should a suitable applicant be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
About the Opportunity:
The White Horse Federation(TWHF) operate a dual usage Leisure Centre onsite at The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College in Wroughton, Swindon.
We are looking for an experienced or aspiring sporting assistant in the Leisure Sector to take up the post of Leisure Centre Assistant and deliver the aims of TWHF in providing a safe, positive customer experience in line with community, commercial and participation objectives.
Key responsibilities will include delivery of activity programmes and work schedules in line with business needs. Identifying and reporting any operational concerns to duty management team, ensuring facilities are safe, hygienic and fit for purpose. Full details can be found on the attached supporting job description document.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering the aims of Leisure Service in providing a safe, positive customer experience in line with commercial and participation objectives
- Managing allocated areas of responsibility and undertaking projects as directed
- Supporting the delivery of site & corporate Business Plans and other associated Improvement Plans as directed ensuring that all activities conform to Child Protection and any other relevant legislation
- Taking all reasonable care for Health & Safety requirements within defined areas of responsibility ensuring that the highest standard are met and that all risks are reported safely and ensuring that facilities are safe, hygienic and fit for purpose
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us:
The White Horse Federation
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.