About the role:
Are you a hands-on IT professional, good with Software as you are Hardware? If so, our IT Technician vacancy could be the right move for you.
This is a key post within the College IT Services team, working specifically on our IT helpdesk. With over 400 staff and 1200 students to help with any IT problems, this is a role that offers problem solving and a challenge for the right individual. We manage our IT request work via a ticketing system.
About Swindon College:
At Swindon College we are committed to providing each and every person with equal opportunities in education, career qualifications and training. Our dedicated and highly experienced staff strive to help our learners reach their full potential whilst preparing them for their ideal career path.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow. The College has just secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners), we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies and creative media.
In this role you’ll:
- Assists staff and students alike with all aspects of software and hardware support
- Install, configure and maintain not only desktop hardware but the college mobile and software devices
- Work to clear Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as part of the running of the helpdesk system
- Install and set up all College Audio/Visual (AV) related equipment including smart screens, electronic whiteboards, projectors, microphones and digital cameras
Qualifications and Experience required:
- MCITP or equivalent in Windows Client, or a commitment to gain within 12 months
- MCITP or equivalent in Windows Server, or a commitment to gain within 24 months
- Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or a commitment to gain within 24 months of commencement of employment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
- Training and development support in your role
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes and dental plan.
- On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks
How to apply:
Click on our link and apply via our website at https://swindoncollege.careers.eteach.com. If you are unable to apply on line or require further information please email email@example.com or call 01793 491591.
Closing date: Friday 28th June 2019
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.