South Essex College has an opening for a Light Vehicle workplace Assessor.
This role is full-time in our Apprenticeship Team, assessing learners for their NVQ and coaching/preparing them for EPA (Standard only) for the EAL Engineering qualifications.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate will at minimum, need:
• Level 3 (IMI or C&G) in LGV study’s
• to hold a D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessor award (or equivalent)
• be able to assess up to level 4
• to have a clear understanding of the both Apprenticeship Framework and Standards curriculum and process
• to hold the relevant vocational qualification and 5 years’ experience in their specialist area
• to demonstrate an understanding of the demanding, but rewarding role of a Workplace Assessor including effective planning for assessment
• be able to effectively manage a caseload diary of up to 40 on programme learners, meeting the operational and qualification visit requirements per month
• to demonstrate an ability to track, monitor, review and motivate learners to ensure timely progression and achievement
• to have a full understanding of the requirements of an Apprenticeship programme (Frameworks and Standards) within Motor Vehicle sector
• proficiency in the use of e-portfolio (Smart Assessor, One File etc.) would be an advantage but not essential, as training would be given.
• Prepared to use technology for smarter ways of working and holistic assessment.
It is expected that you will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels (this is an employer facing position), knowledge/competence in the existing Apprenticeship Framework; knowledge and competence in the new Apprenticeship Standards and competency in the use of e-portfolio platforms would be a distinct advantage. Predominately you will spend time visiting your learners in their workplaces which, on occasion, are not viably commutable by public transport. In view of this, we would expect you to hold a full-driving licence.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our learners. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.