Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children aged 3 - 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. Our school has a unique atmosphere created by its totally dedicated, highly professional and caring staff. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual weaknesses, so that each child “blossoms” and has the opportunity to fulfil his or her potential.
We have a lovely opportunity for an enthusiastic Lunch-Time Assistant to join our Teaching Team, supporting children during lunch time and at play time.
Permanent, term-time only.
Wednesday to Friday, 11:00 – 14:00
Actual Annual salary: £3,643 per annum
Closing date: 17th June 2022
To start: September 2022
What the role involves:
• Providing support to children during lunch and at play time, promoting positive behaviour.
• Ensuring the lunch and play areas and are clean and tidy before, during and after lunch.
• Setting up and clearing up equipment and resources during lunch time and play time.
• Providing Teaching Assistant cover while colleagues have their lunch.
• Liaising with Teachers, Therapists and staff.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Small class sizes
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers.
• Continued professional development and training.
• Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning and working with children.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Qualifications preferred include GCSE, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child Development or equivalent qualification.
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the school website, complete the application indicating how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the recruitment activity detailed below and email it to our recruitment inbox.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.