Keen to start your career in events and marketing? We have a Marketing and Events Apprenticeship opportunity within our Marketing Team, which could be just the ideal initial career step.
You will join us on a full-time basis and get to work at both the Cambridge and Huntingdon Campuses (plus remote at times); in the process you will receive exposure to a wide range of marketing activities and event delivery with the opportunity to build your experience and expertise alongside gaining an apprenticeship.
About Cambridge Regional College:
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
About the role:
You will be joining a busy and friendly marketing department and will be supporting delivery of a variety of marketing campaigns and events for current and prospective learners and stakeholders.
Duties, such as:
• Assist in the effective and creative planning and organising of college events
• Assist in the maintenance of the college websites, ensuring content is up to date, relevant and effective
• Provide a professional front of house service and act confidently as ambassador for the college at events
• Help review, monitor and deliver marketing campaign elements
• Provide administrative support
• Coordinate the distribution of marketing materials
• Other reasonable duties at the request of the Marketing Manager and wider team.
Mainly based at the Cambridge Campus but will often work at the Huntingdon Campus, must be able to travel to both.
What we are looking for in our ideal Apprentice:
• Relevant Level 2 qualification
• Maths and English GCSE at grade 4-9
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Adaptable, focussed and organised
• Able and willing to carry out some travel independently
• A desire to learn and apply themselves to the world of marketing and events
• Excellent IT Skills in Word, Excel and across Social Media platforms
• Copy writing, video production and content skills desirable, or willing to learn
• Creative, enthusiastic and ‘can do’ attitude.
This role is open to those leaving school, college or university, early on in their marketing career or changing careers, as such experience of marketing is not required, but any related experience or demonstrable skills are highly desirable.
Please see job description for more information.
How to apply?
If you are keen to build your career in Marketing and Events and think you have the right skill set and passion, please apply online today.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.