Maternity Cover- Class Teacher (English)
Birch Wood School has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our expanding team
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational class teacher with English subject specialism who has a passion for teaching children with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will teach students with MLD and ASD aged 11-19 and work alongside a team of highly motivated support staff.
This is a temporary position for the 2019-2020 Academic year.
The successful Candidate will:
- Be dedicated to getting the best from young people, who at times may present as challenging and complex.
- have high expectations and enjoy the challenges associated with working in this environment to inspire rapid and accelerated progress in order to reach their full potential
- Be committed to the belief that all pupils can achieve and learn, whatever their disabilities
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children who have Special Educational Needs
- Have a flexible approach to working with others whilst forming relationships with young people
MPS/UPS depending on qualifications and experience and SEN1 or SEN2 depending on experience
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application
Closing date for applications 10 May 2019 09.00 am
Interviews Week commencing 20th May 2019 successful applicants will be informed via email or telephone after the application closing date