Full Time, Permanent
£30,0000-£34,000 per annum DOE
You could be our next exceptional tutor working at our prestigious Lancaster University International Study Centre. In this job you'll teach Maths and Computing modules/courses across our International Foundation year and Pre-masters programme. You'll be an enthusiastic individual and passionate about your subjects!
We offer continuous teacher development which we know is important to you.
Lancaster University International Study Centre is surrounded by unspoilt countryside, well embedded within the University Campus. You will have full access to state of the art facilities, and will become honorary members of the faculty of a triple top ten UK University (based on 2019 rankings).
- To contribute to teaching in the relevant subject area/s
- To prepare detailed schemes of work in advance for all groups taught in any one term or year
- To deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework (minimum 1 a week) and mark and return these within 3 working days
- To maintain up to date records of student attendance, homework marks and test scores
- To make every effort to secure the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments
- To contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students
- Supervise and mark Project dissertations
- To contribute to the personal tutorial provision by being a personal tutor for allocated students
- To contribute to the development and/or revisions to existing courses or new courses in terms of design, content, structure, form of delivery, assessments etc.
- To keep up to date with developments in academic teaching and skills including the use of
- e-learning resources
- To work in a collegial fashion and foster productive relations with other members of staff
- To create and update teaching materials
- First degree (Upper Second or First in an appropriate subject area)
- Qualified Teacher status
- Post graduate qualifications
- Teaching relevant discipline to FE/HE Level (NQF level 3, FHEQ 4)
- Experience of teaching international Students
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group - Lancaster University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.