Teacher of Maths
Start Date: April 20
Term: Full time, Permanent
The college is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of Maths. We are looking for a teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to join our team of dedicated staff to provide an inspiring and supportive learning environment to encourage every student to realise their full potential – to BE HAPPY, BE AMBITIOUS and MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
The City of Leicester College is a thriving multi-cultural 11-19 college, with over 1700 students on roll, including a highly successful sixth form of 370. We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe in going the extra mile to ensure staff, students, and our mission statement, ‘Be Happy, Be Ambitions, Make a Difference’ underpins every aspect of our work.
We welcome colleagues who share our College Vision:
To develop an inclusive, friendly, dynamic, high achieving learning community, where all students and staff are happy, whilst being supported and encouraged to be ambitious, achieve personal success and make a positive difference to their world.
We can offer you:
- A challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- Competitive non-contact time to enable you to be an effective teacher who has impact
- Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- A friendly and supportive working environment where people genuinely work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Access to excellent technology resources including iPads for staff and students
- A supportive and purposeful induction programme for all staff including mentoring and coaching.
- Bespoke CPD pathways, designed to meet the interests, needs and experience of our teachers
Prospective candidates are most welcome to visit the College, prior to an application, so that you can see our wonderful college and experience our ethos. To arrange a visit at a mutually convenient time please contact Louise Modi, PA to Head Teacher.
This College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Certificate.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Monday 25 November at 9.00am
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.