We are looking for a colleague who to join our highly successful and hard-working Maths department. If you can deliver rigorous Mathematics teaching to our GCSE and A-Level students we want to hear from you.
WHY CHOOSE US:
BFS is a popular and oversubscribed community school situated in the North-West of Bristol. We are part of the Russell Education Trust and have a strong reputation for the academic development of the most able, and thoseA with SEND; and for our rich sporting, musical and cultural life.
The School admits 200 children per year and occupies a mix of refurbished and new buildings which were opened in September 2013. The Sixth Form opened in September 2016.
- A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
- A flourishing 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trusts 5 schools
- Excellent Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities - happy staff make a happy school
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A degree
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to teach Maths to Key Stage 4 (KS5 preferable)
- A passion for Maths and a commitment to integrating it across the curriculum
- A high expectation for teaching and learning for learners of all abilities
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with and develop the team.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a forward thinking, highly successful department in a thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by accessing our school website, or contact the school directly for a informal discussion or to arrange a visit prior to applying.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement.
For further information about the role please contact Kath Conway, Assistant Headteacher
We appreciate that thinking about applying for a job in a school is particularly difficult at the moment. So we have put the following in place to support colleagues who are considering a role at Bristol Free School.
1. Phone calls with our staff. The team are available at your request to talk to you about life at Bristol Free School.
2. Tours. We can arrange a socially distanced tour of the school. One of our Senior Leadership team will do this for you or if you prefer, we can conduct a video tour of the school.
3. On-line interviews - once you have been shortlisted we will conduct our interview on Microsoft Teams. We can easily set this up for you. You do not need any special software. We will ask you to prepare a lesson as if you were coming to teach it here, but we will talk it through with you rather than make you teach it. We can also set you other written tasks to do to help us get to know you better.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.