Media Makeup Lecturer
Up to £132 per day
7.4 hours a week – Mondays Only, Maternity Cover – October 2020 – July 2021
We are seeking a skilled and highly creative individual to join our dynamic Media Makeup team. Join us working in an exciting and diverse learning environment where you’ll support students to become talented Media Makeup artists ready for the real world.
To do this you’ll have excellent up-to-date knowledge and the experience, personality and desire to share your skills with a diverse range of learner.
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the career opportunities for our learners and staff cohort. It’s a really great time to join us!
In this role you’ll need:
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners or apprentices,
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback,
• Resilience and the commitment to engage with a wide range of diverse abilities, and
• The ability to produce high quality schemes of work, lesson plans and be willing to work with peers to share and engage with best practice approaches
Qualification and experience required:
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification),
• Must be able to teach prosthetics, including mold making.
• Higher Degree (or equivalent) in the relevant discipline and
• A level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent), or the willingness to secure these as you work with us.
About Swindon College
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require some working from home but we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
· Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
· Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
· Competitive annual leave
· Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform
Closing date: 25th August 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community