Job Ref: 18 - 00244
Job Title: MIS Officer
Salary: GBP 18,354 – GBP 20,055
Contract: Full-Time – Permanent
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive MIS Officer with experience of high level data entry requiring attention to detail and questioning. This position is full time and will work mainly at our SBSA site but with requirements to spend time at our other sites across the city on a regular basis.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
Working within two teams in the college, the role will involve processing enrolments from our partnership providers and providing a comprehensive management information service to Areas of Learning and Partner Providers in order to ensure timely, accurate and efficient data submissions.
Some of the key elements you are responsible for are:
- Ensure the validity of the data entered in the Data Management System is supported with the relevant required evidence (including but not exclusively fee remission evidence, PLR data, planned hours of study).
- To support the Curriculum Planning process with Areas of Learning and / or Partner providers.
- Create and maintain course information to ensure accurate course information is available.
- Process all student enrolment data and associated documentation (e.g Learner Support applications) for subcontracted provision accurately and in a timely manner and in line with the contracted profile.
- Supporting Learner Services on the enrolment process and providing ad-hoc training and/or updates when needed
We are looking for someone with experience in an administration, desirably in further education, and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 20 January 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 29 January 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.