We are currently seeking to appoint a motivating and talented Multi-Skills Lecturer to join our friendly Construction team. This role will be responsible for ensuring that learners achieve the appropriate vocational qualifications and Functional Skills as part of their Study Programme or Traineeship.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in training and ideally a teaching qualification however, we are happy to provide onsite teacher training and, therefore, a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential
A minimum level 3 competence in construction is essential as you will be required to deliver the following fields: plastering, brick work, painting decorating and carpentry.
You must have excellent written and oral skills, a proactive approach to work with a willingness to take on new and challenging tasks.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways. We are also excited to announce a new campus about to launch in Borehamwood and this is where the new role will mainly work.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside great lecturers and Heads of Departments, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection.
We have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Starting salary £25,181 and rising to £30,063
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.