Do you want to work for a specialist provider that provides young people with the creative and personal skills they need to succeed? Are you a passionate individual who wants to use your specialist behavioural and SEN support knowledge to help to create an environment that is safe and secure, supporting learners to achieve their full potential?
SupaJam Education in Music and Media is a Post 16 Specialist Provider (16-24) who uses the power of contemporary music to reignite young people's desire to engage and learn.
Who we are looking for:
You will have an understanding of managing challenging behaviour and be able to apply this knowledge to build relationships with a diverse range of young people.
Confident to challenge, your positive attitude will support you in building rapport with our students. You will need to have a friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect. Along with sound interpersonal skills, you will also be able to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence.
This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Therefore, candidates must have a strong desire to help young, disadvantaged people achieve and the ability to communicate with them at their level.
Those who have experience in the following areas would be of particular interest:
• Youth work
• Learning mentor in a secondary environment
• Probation Service/Youth Offending
You will have:
• Minimum grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour
• Previous teaching assistant experience (with SEN student is desirable)
• A willingness to manage challenging behaviour
• A passion for music (desirable). The ability to play musical instruments is an advantage but not required for the correct candidate
• An eagerness to ‘go the extra mile’
• A sense of humour
• The ability to remain calm in testing situations and able to come back the next day and do it all again with a smile.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assisting Special Needs students with various activities and their diploma work
• Preparing and clearing the classroom
• Assisting classroom tutors with daily duties
• Assisting the SupaJam Tutors in the preparing, teaching and marking of RSL’s Music Practitioner qualifications at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
• Taking individuals or small groups of students during lessons and assisting with their learning.
• Being familiar with all student learning requirements and in particular in Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP’s).
• Assist with Functional Skills teaching if required.
• Contributing to the musical and social enrichment for the students.
• Safeguarding young people.
• Occasionally assisting on trips
SupaJam Education in Music and Media is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.