To deliver a range of programmes and contribute to the curriculum development as agreed with the Head of Business Development. To be responsible for quality assurance of your teaching and/or other duties.
1. To deliver on a wide range of part-time / short courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications
2. To prepare and review session plans, scheme of work, lesson plans and teaching/learning materials using initial assessments, diagnostics and marked work to bespoke for each learners’ individual needs
3. Plan and deliver engaging training sessions to inspire and motivate learners in classroom and workplace environment, depending on employer requirements
4. Travel to workplace sessions, to deliver planned bespoke programmes
5. To improve learners’ experience through providing ongoing support as required
6. Prepare learners for examinations to gain the appropriate qualifications
7. Continually monitor and review learners’ progress
8. Assist in the writing, design and development of curriculum through planning time
9. Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress and report using the colleges systems (pro monitor / markbook)
10. To consistently deliver high standards of teaching and learning
11. Act on feedback from teaching observations, employers, peers or other review processes
12. Undertake necessary CPD to professionally develop and keep abreast with current practices and legislation within the sector
13. Complete qualification administration to required standards for awarding body and verified by IQA/EQA
14. Engaging with quality management processes to ensure that teaching maintains Outstanding OFSTED standards
15. To work collaboratively with the wider business and support the work of academic, curriculum and support functions teams as may reasonably be required in the delivery of the Hopwood Hall strategic plans
16. To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
17. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
18. To perform any other duties consistent with this position as may from time to time be assigned to you within HHC.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.