Are you a payroll and pensions specialist seeking a new professional challenge?
West London College’s HR team are entering an exciting phase of its development and is in search of a knowledgeable Payroll and Pension Officer.
As a confident team player, you will possess strong expertise in payroll and pension administration. You will act as the College’s lead on these matters, supporting the HR team with day-to-day activities as they relate to payroll and pensions matters, especially in regards to process improvement.
Additionally, your experience of participating in a project which involves selection and implementation of a new HR Payroll and Pensions system would be beneficial.
Other responsibilities include:
• Managing the provision of an accurate and efficient payroll service to all our customers.
• Managing the current relationship with the Payroll Bureau Service Provider adhering to deadlines and provision of information.
• Working closely with the Finance Team in updating the Financial Regulations in relation to Payroll and with their communication and implementation.
• Managing the auto-enrolment for pension process.
• Providing advice and support to staff in relation to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, the Local Government Pension Scheme, other pensions schemes and retirement planning.
• Ensuring the annual Pension reconciliations are completed according to the deadlines advised by the Pension Agencies and submitted with authorisation from the relevant Director.
We are seeking someone who:
• Has pension experience (LGPS and Teachers Pension).
• Holds a recognised Payroll qualification, or currently working towards this.
• Has held a role at a similar level and has substantial successful payroll administration experience, ideally within the education and FE sector, in particular Colleges.
• Has experience in change management from manual to automated processes, whilst closely with an HR team to support them through the change.
• Has good organisational and planning skills and highly developed communication skills.
• Believes in delivering excellent customer service.
In addition to these skills and behaviours you will also be able to demonstrate your commitment to the values of our College - Ambition, Integrity, Accountability and Inclusion.
Hours: Full-time, however the College is willing to consider this as a 0.8 FTE part-time (4-day a week) opportunity, if preferred.
Salary: £34,094.68 to £36,931.66 including London Weighting Allowance
Closing Date: 12pm, 9th December 2020
Our aim is to recruit the best staff possible and to deliver first class teaching to our learners.
We are committed to equality and diversity and expect our staff to share this commitment.
The safety and welfare of our staff and learners is extremely important to us and this is why we pride ourselves on our safeguarding procedures.
Working towards our Investors in Diversity accreditation
Investors in People
Stonewall Diversity Champions
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check (including barred list information, for those who will be engaging in regulated activity) and your start date will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory DBS clearance.
West London College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.