Contract Details: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Actual Annual Salary: £19,429 pa
FTE Salary: £22,704
Start Date: As soon as possible
This is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave from 21st January 2019 to 5th July 2019.
1. Provide 1:1 support to an allocated caseload of tutees.
2. Provide group tutorial input to allocated tutees.
3. Proactively engage in the Partnership of Support by acting as the first port of call for parents/carers of allocated tutees and the intermediary between them and other College staff.
4. Monitor tutee attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement in subjects and other areas.
5. Support tutee progression by the development of their skills and oversight of employment or higher education applications and destinations.
6. Make and support appropriate referrals to Student Services and outside specialist agencies.
New College are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the UK’s best performing colleges and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 27th January 2018
Interview Date: Upon Application
You are required to have a Level 2 or higher qualification in English and Maths. Holding a Level 3 qualification in youth work, teaching, training or a related discipline would be desirable.
We would expect you to have knowledge of safeguarding for young people and vulnerable adults together with experience of working with young people in educational or other settings.
You should have experience of writing accurate documentation suitable for referrals (parent, student, colleagues and external bodies)
For further information, please refer to the Job Description
Employment of Ex-offenders Policy
Disability Confident Information and FAQs
Equal Opportunities Form - Once you have applied for this vacancy, please download and complete the Equal Opportunities Form. Once complete, please email directly to: email@example.com