This is a speculative advert to seek interest from anybody who would like to join as a Personal Tutor in the new academic year 2019/2020.
Actual Annual Salary: £19,429 pa based on 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
FTE Salary: £22,704 pa
1. Provide 1:1 support to an allocated caseload of tutees.
2. Provide group tutorial input to allocated tutees.
3. Proactively engage in the Partnership of Support by acting as the first port of call for parents/carers of allocated tutees and the intermediary between them and other College staff.
4. Monitor tutee attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement in subjects and other areas.
5. Support tutee progression by the development of their skills and oversight of employment or higher education applications and destinations.
6. Make and support appropriate referrals to Student Services and outside specialist agencies.
You are required to have a Level 2 or higher qualification in English and Maths. A Level 3 qualification in youth work, teaching, training or a related discipline would be desirable.
We would expect you to have knowledge of safeguarding for young people and vulnerable adults together with experience of working with young people in educational or other settings. You should have experience of writing accurate documentation suitable for referrals (parent, student, colleagues and external bodies)
For further information, please refer to the Job Description
New College is a very successful and expanding Further Education College and we put our learners at the heart of everything that we do. Our excellent staff are key to our success and with our first class conditions of employment and generous benefits, we are truly an employer of choice.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
Closing Date: 29th July 2019
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.