Come questioning, go seeking, grow
We are seeking an enthusiastic Physiotherapist/ Sports therapist to join our friendly Rugby sports team at The Henley College. The post hold must have;
• BSc / MSc degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation. Including a recognised medical governing body providing medical indemnity insurance (CSP / HCPC / BASRAT / SST).
• Experience of working as a Therapist in a sports setting rugby is desirable but not essential.
• An understanding of rugby injuries and rehabilitating athletes to safely return to playing rugby.
• An understanding of working with adolescent athletes.
• A pitchside qualification or working towards a qualification.
RESPONISBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Diagnosis and treatment of adolescent athletes on the rugby programme.
• Design and delivery of individual rehabilitation programmes
• Manage caseload of players.
• Communicate the status of injured players to the coaching staff and management
• To ensure that medical notes are written and injuries are documented.
• Provide pitchside trauma cover for game.
• Provide pitchside cover during training.
• Manage and maintain first aid equipment
• Keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the department/s CPD programme.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills & able to problem solve with/between students;
Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Ability to deal well with pressure and multi – task
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Part time, Term Time Only, Fixed Term Contract until Easter 2021
Hours of work: 11 hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday plus flexibility with any additional hours for away games
Salary: £20.87 per hour
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.