Start Date: 01 January 2022
Hours: 9:45am to 1:45pm
Contract: Term Time Only- 39 weeks p.a.
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative Special School based in purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream schools.
We are a happy, positive and hardworking staff, educating learners aged 4-19 with severe or profound and multiple learning disabilities and many of whom have a co-diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition. We work closely with colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every learner has an Education, Health and Care Plan that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, and Physiotherapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. We have high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young people (experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASC is an advantage);
• Have good communication and numeracy skills;
• Be well organised and able to organise and lead activities to promote play and social interactions;
• Be creative and have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
• Have high expectations of learners’ achievements relating to communication, independence, inclusion in the community and behaviour.
To be considered, you will have achieved a GCSE Grade A*- C 4/9 or equivalent in Maths and English Language.
We offer you:
• excellent professional development and promotion opportunities,
• enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors,
• a well-resourced school,
• the opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of local learners with SLD in this unique Special School.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to complete the Support Staff application form which can be found on the school website. As part of the application please also ensure you complete section 9 using the person specification and respond to each point in order.
Closing date to apply: 9:00am 15th November 2021
Interviews: 29th November - 1st December 2021
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.