Primary Teacher (KS2)
(Fixed Term Contract –to cover Sabbatical leave)
MPS/UPS Pay Scale
To start at January 2020 –August 2020
We are a Humanities Specialist College which became an all through school in September 2012. We achieved IIP Gold in December 2013 and have also been awarded Teaching School Status. At Waverley we try to create an environment which allows everyone to develop mutual respect for each other and a respect for learning.
Waverley School is a friendly and welcoming all through school for pupils ages 4 -19, with a resource base for pupils with cognitive and learning difficulties. Our school community benefits greatly from our new, landmark award winning buildings that provide everyone with state of the art facilities for learning, teaching and training. At Waverley School we promote a culture of ‘Learning Through Diversity’. We are a forward thinking school with the highest of ambitions for all our pupils.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking class teacher on a fixed term basis for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.
The successful applicants will:
• Have the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve, through their own best practice.
• Create a classroom learning environment that is happy, challenging and engaging.
• A creative approach to the curriculum and the ability to deliver learning in an exciting way.
• Take full advantage of the opportunities we offer in developing our curriculum and learning skills.
• Be committed to working as part of a team.
• Ideally Have experience of teaching KS2.
In return we can offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a part of an ambitious ‘through school’ with an inclusive ethos.
• Fantastic children who are a delight to teach and who enjoy learning.
• A supportive working environment with a range of opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the schools application form will be accepted.
Waverley School is committed to the protection and safety of its students.
The closing date for applications is 10.00 a.m. on Monday 2nd December 2019.
Applications received after this date and time will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Waverley School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.