Start Date: September 2020
Salary: Group 7 L30-36
Location: Sedbury, Gloucestershire NP16 7AA
Contract type and term: Full Time and Permanent
Challenge Partners (November 2019);
• There is an infectious passion and drive within the leadership team
• Leaders, including Governors, have high aspirations for all
• The leadership of teaching and learning remains a strength
• The curriculum is inclusive and aspirational, with a commitment to ensure each pupil has an appropriate path
• Pupils value the warm and positive relationships with staff and peers – a “family feel” and a strong sense of belonging permeates throughout the School.
OFSTED (January 2018);
“This School continues to be good.
Your leadership Team has maintained a good standard of education and built on the School’s strengths. Leaders, Governors, Teaching and Support staff and pupils have embraced the need for continued improvement. Consequently, the progress pupils make continues to rise. Pupils benefit from a rich curriculum, providing pupils with an increasing range of opportunities to choose from.”
Due to our Principal taking up an international opportunity as Director of the Heritage International School Group in Moldova, we are seeking a new Leader who will continue to drive improvements in the school’s performance, whilst building on its unique ethos. A fixed-term Interim Principal is currently in post.
• Have vision, the energy and the ambition to inspire others
• Have a thirst for learning, and are passionate about the success of young people
• Are approachable, adaptable and supportive
• Are a team builder and people person
• Are a positive role model for students
Then we can offer you a unique opportunity to realise your potential and help lead our School through its journey to become outstanding.
We have high expectations and a commitment to achieving the best for all of our students, not only in academic success but also morally and socially. This is a challenging, yet highly rewarding position; in return, we offer the successful candidate an extensive network of support in a professional team which recognises success and promotes career development.
We are proud of our unique character, our student-centred ethos and we have the highest aspirations for all our stakeholders. Wyedean School and Sixth Form Centre has an enviable reputation for standards of behaviour and academic success. We have a wide and diverse range of extra-curricular activities and also offer a comprehensive Adult Community Learning facility.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Monday 16th March 2020
Shortlisting: Friday 20th March 2020
Interviews: Monday 30th March to Wednesday 1st April 2020