Business Area: Centre for Technology
Job Title: Programme Manager – Engineering Technologies
Salary Scale: MS 3 - £40,948.29
Location: Hopwood Hall College
Accountable to: Centre Director
Hours of Duty: 37 hours per week
Special working conditions
The post holder may be required to work at any location of the College now or in the future in the evening and at weekends.
In this key role within the Technology Centre, you will be responsible for providing dynamic leadership and operational management of your teams. You will work closely and proactively with the Technology Centre Director and wider management team to ensure your curriculum area contributes to and achieves the College’s objectives of becoming an outstanding, innovative and customer focussed provider. You will focus on developing a highly responsive technological curriculum offer which is underpinned by teaching and learning excellence.
1. To actively promote the college’s strategic mission and values.
2. To oversee leadership of the programmes delivered within the curriculum area, ensuring highly effective delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
3. To lead and support curriculum innovation within the programme team to ensure the curriculum offer is effective in meeting the needs of learners and employers in line with national, regional and local government agenda.
4. Ensure ambitious targets set for recruitment, attendance, punctuality, retention, achievement, attainment and progression are regularly reviewed and monitored across all subject areas.
5. To promote excellence in all aspects of the curriculum, management development and Innovation, and facilitate the sharing of best practice.
6. Effectively lead and manage the programme teams to ensure all aspects of the College’s quality assurance processes are fully adhered to and implemented.
7. Lead the team to effectively engage with, and produce a robust self-assessment report.
8. Co-ordinate internal and external verification processes, liaising with awarding bodies, external verifiers and the College’s exams team.
9. Support the Centre Director to ensure that programme teams are consistently high performing through effective use of the College’s performance management system, including conducting performance review meetings.
10. Lead, motivate and support programme teams so that they can make a full and valued contribution to the development of the programme area.
11. To deliver an agreed schedule of teaching hours across the year.
12. Support and lead the team to fully prepare for external/internal inspection and all audits.
13. Effectively manage all centre budget allocations in line with the College’s financial regulations.
14. Be responsive to internal and external college initiatives.
15. Be an active member of the cross-college teaching and learning observation team.
16. Work with marketing and others partners to raise the profile of the area.
17. Develop a responsive commercial/full cost curriculum offer.
18. To work effectively and proactively with cross college departments and their managers to include; Apprenticeships, Marketing, Students Services and English and maths, to ensure both future and existing college learners receive an outstanding service and experience.
19. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.