There has never been a more exciting time to join The Oldham College. In January 2019 we were confirmed by OFSTED as a “Good College”.
The OFSTED report stated that we are regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, “overall achievement has improved” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity”
Come and join Oldham College in its ambition to become “Outstanding” and the “Best Place to Learn and Work” across all of our provisions.
We are looking for 2 roles in our Construction Departments:
Programme Tutor – Professional Construction (Oldham College)
• Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Course Leader – Professional Construction (UCO)
• Salary: £32,387 - £36,977 (depending on experience)
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism and success and provide high level technical and vocational education and training. We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Overall we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
The Oldham College is expanding and enhancing its Professional Construction provision from Level 3, through Level 4 and 5 and higher through a dynamic engagement with employers, a fantastic new building and resource investment.
We are now recruiting an ambitious team to deliver, develop and expand the qualifications and courses that will respond to local and regional needs. We would consider fractional posts for these positions.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre The Roles:
Post 1: Programme Tutor in Professional Construction
As part of the FE Construction team based at Oldham College, you will be offering educational opportunities for young people who do not yet have the qualifications to start higher level vocational study programmes.
• You will be responsible for the organisation of teaching / support and learning for a specific assignment of FE learners and maintain professional relationships with internal programme tutors and employers and your teaching may span Levels 3-6.
• You must have relevant Industry experience.
• You will have excellent organisational skills to ensure the effective coordination of the work experience/ placement service for full time students.
• You will have excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of work experience quality standards.
Post 2: Course Leader Professional Construction
University Campus Oldham, part of Oldham College, is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Course Leader and Lecturer in Construction to provide outstanding teaching on the growing portfolio of construction courses.
• The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a range of teaching, course leadership and student support duties with a primary focus on the HNC construction, although teaching may span Levels 3-6.
• The role will involve providing academic leadership for the higher level construction programmes and undertaking a range of student recruitment and employer engagement activities.
• This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their academic career in a small and friendly environment, whilst having a demonstrable impact upon the aspirations and futures of UCO’s students.
• The role requires a candidate with initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude, alongside excellent teaching skills.
• The role is offered at Grade 7 plus a £2,000 annual Course Leader enhancement.
University Campus Oldham has an ambitious strategy to develop its Higher Education and Professional Development portfolio and to maximise its economic and social contribution to Oldham and the wider City Region. Our focus is on ensuring that we continue to address widening participation, to provide relevant and dynamic experiences, which prepare our students for either employment or further study. This role will play a key part in the future growth and development of the Faculty and the Campus as a whole.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.