There has never been a more exciting time to join The Oldham College. We have just been confirmed by OFSTED as a “Good College” (January 2019).
Come and join us on our journey Oldham College on its journey to becoming a “Best Place to Learn and Work” and be part of our exciting Faculty of Maths.
Salary: £23,746 - £30,043 per annum
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism, success and providing a high level of technical and vocational education and training.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Excellent resources combined with exceptional tutors and student support means that whatever your ambition, we can help you to achieve it.
The college is regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, “overall achievement has improved” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity” as stated in a recent OFSTED inspection.
Each year approximately 500 young people choose to continue their studies with us either as a full-time student or apprentice, a further 200 choose to undertake a university-level qualification with us and around 100 adult students. Overall, we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
JOINING OUR JOURNEY
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Maths Tutor you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our college. You will be responsible for your Curriculum Area and implement innovative changes to improve the teaching and learning of Maths across the college. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a college, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with integrity, having ambition to help our learners succeed and being inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
In these roles, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve stretching learning
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including GCSE and Functional Skills
- Be a great teacher and role model
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice;
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards;
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a degree in Mathematics or a related subject and a recognised teaching qualification, an Assessor Award would be an advantage. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
Closing date of Monday 29th of July.