Macclesfield College is a multi-award winning college and proud of its ambitious values. In addition to being the number 1 college in Cheshire and Warrington (DfE 2019), regionally it has proudly achieved Business of the Year 2019/20, and Business and Education winner 2019/20. This is alongside many of our colleagues winning teaching and other awards; we are proud of our organisation achievements.
Our mission statement “Empowerment through Learning” is our company DNA, not only do we want the very best for every student, we want the best for our colleagues too – join us!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Progress Coach to join Macclesfield College on a maternity cover.
The purpose of the role is to provide tutorial provision and pastoral care to all students at the College in order to remove barriers to their learning and maximise their potential. This involves mentoring and overseeing the academic and pastoral progress of a caseload of students.
- The provision of high quality tutorial provision and passionate delivery of pastoral care to all students in the College.
- Quickly establishing a strong rapport with students to support them to remove barriers to learning and working with students to maximize their progress.
- Maintaining high expectations and high standards and discipline in line with college systems.
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of outstanding sessions.
- Oversee the academic and pastoral progress of a specified caseload of students. Mentoring for those learners in need of additional support.
Why Choose Macclesfield College?
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of;
- Free onsite parking
- In addition to the Bank and Public Holidays, Academic and Business Support holiday entitlement
- Holiday Christmas Close Down
- Long Service Recognition
- Star Cards – Recognising over and above acts of excellence
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Life Assurance
- Excellent pension schemes (Local Government and Teachers)
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Continuing Professional Development
- College Family Fun Day and Christmas Celebrations
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite cafés
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.