£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
40 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Assistant Principal and in liaison with the Wellbeing Co-ordinator, you will be focusing upon learner retention and success by providing regular 1-1 support to enable learners to access all aspects of the College curriculum. In the first instance, this role will involve supporting students predominantly following vocational courses. The role is pivotal in contributing to the College achieving ‘outstanding’ levels of student retention and achievement by tracking and monitoring learner’s academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns. In addition, you will identify learners who are giving cause for concern, support learners to achieve their full potential, through appropriate mentoring as well as co-ordinating and delivering group pastoral and personal development activities.
As the role entails liaising with academic staff, students and parents you will need excellent communication skills as well as the ability to co-ordinate your own work load, being able to prioritise and multi-task as required.
The working week is 37 hours per week during college operating hours, however applicants who can work substantial part-time hours will also be given consideration. If you are applying on a substantial part-time basis please outline in your application how many hours you are able to work.
With the contractual hours of 37 hours per week for 40 weeks per year, the actual salary including holiday pay is £18,455 - £19,582 per annum.
This post is based at the College’s Andover campus
Closing Date: 22 June 2020
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider.
Andover College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.