Reference: SCCG2403 | Closing Date: 05/06/2022 | Interview Date: 09/06/2022
Salary: £18,276 (Pro rata salary £7,685)
Contract Type: Permanent, term time only minus two weeks
Hours per Week: 18.5 | Location: Walkden Road, Worsley, M28 7QD
About the Role
Worsley College requires a Progression Mentor to support the pastoral team in monitoring and maintaining excellent attendance at the Centre. You will regularly be in contact with students, parents/carers and curriculum colleagues to ensure attendance is outstanding, in line with Ofsted expectations and College Policy.
You will monitor attendance data and identify patterns of absences and facilitate high standards of communication. You will communicate your findings with parents and carers along with Curriculum and Pastoral Teams as well as supporting the facilitation in the students to return to college.
The successful candidate will be qualified to Level 2 or above in English, Numeracy and ICT and will possess excellent organisational and communication skills. Experience of working within an educational environment is desirable.
Reason to Join Us:
- Enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer pension contributions
- A range of developmental & career opportunities including a dedicated hour per week for CPD
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings for high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
Worsley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.