Salary: £18,354 to £20,055
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Purchase Ledger Clerk. We are looking for someone with experience in purchase ledger and who is confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
The role will involve:
• Raising Purchase Orders using the College Purchase to order system
• Answering any queries related to the purchase order system
• Processing large volumes of invoices
• Managing the purchase ledger email address making sure queries are dealt with correctly and efficiently within the 3 working day SLA
• Ad-hoc administration
• Supplier Statement reconciliation
• Processing weekly bacs runs
• Setting up new supplier accounts
• Cover in the finance team
The ideal purchase ledger clerk will have:
• Ability to work well within a dynamic team
• Strong IT skills
• Previous purchase ledger experience
• Great communication skills
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Wednesday 17th March 2021 (midnight)
Interview date: Thursday 25th March 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.