Human Resources Department
28 ¾ hours per week, 52 weeks per year | 0.77 FTE
£25,000 pro rata, per annum (£19,425 per annum) plus commission
Are you an experienced recruiter seeking a new challenge?
Do you have experience of using LinkedIn to head hunt candidates?
Are you committed to delivering the best experience for candidates and recruiting managers?
Working within the HR department and reporting to the Head of HR, you will play a vital role for the college in managing the end-to-end recruitment process (including safeguarding due diligence) to deliver an outstanding candidate experience.
You will have experience of working within a recruitment or HR environment, and previous experience of working for a recruitment agency could be beneficial. The role is split into 2 distinct parts – Administration (⅔) and Head-hunting (⅓) and we are ideally wanting cover from Monday to Friday (5¾ hours per day).
You will manage the end-to-end recruitment process for vacancies, advertising roles and utilising social media as required. You will ensure managers and candidates are kept informed of progress with the recruitment process, whilst optimising recruitment time. This role line manages the HR Apprentice.
You will also provide general admin support for the department and will manage confidential and regulated employee data to support our commitment to safeguarding and Safer Recruitment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 2 years’ experience of working in a recruitment role
- Be confident and have the knowledge to head hunt using LinkedIn
- Be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be highly organised, adaptable, team-player and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Have experience of using IT systems and Microsoft products
What’s in it for me?
The benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Potential to earn extra through successful placements (T&Cs apply)
- Generous holiday entitlement (28 days / bank holidays / Christmas closure pro rata)
- Company pension with 6% contribution (and three times death in service cover)
- Access to retail benefits scheme
- Free on-site parking
- On-site pre-school nursery rated Outstanding by OFSTED
- College sick pay scheme
- Access to gym
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying. We reserve the right to close the recruitment early should the right candidate apply.
- Pension scheme: Peoples Pension.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- Enhanced DBS and membership to the Update Service is payable by the candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Previous applicants need not apply