Salary: £18,860.96 - £20,553.36 (pro rota for part time posts)
Location: Brislington Centre
Residential Support Practitioners
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint two part time residential support practitioners to join our team at the college’s independence training facility in Brislington. Being enthusiastic, professional and hardworking is essential, as is being able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards the aspirations of young people with disabilities. Experience of working with people with learning and/or physical disabilities is essential and a level 2 qualification in care or learning support is desirable
Post and hours available are as follows;
1 x 20 hours per week;
• Sunday: 15:30 -22:00
• Monday: 06:30 – 10:00
• Wednesday: 06:30 – 10:00
• Thursday: 16:30 – 23:00
1 x 20 hours per week
• Monday: 15:30 – 22:00
• Tuesday: 06:30 -10:00
• Thursday: 15:30 – 22:00
• Friday: 06:30 – 10:00
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
• Based at the independence training facility, staff will be required to support young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to develop their social, communication, independence and employability skills as they prepare for adult life. The post holder will be required to work as part of a staff team and to key work students, reviewing, assessing and creating individual targets which support the Education and Health Care plan
The role will involve providing…:
- Provide a supportive and caring environment for young people who are learning the skills needed to live more independently, and promote their social and emotional wellbeing
- Support the learners to travel independently for college, work placements and social purposes
- Contribute to the recording of student progress and achievement and identify areas for development
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times, maintaining accurate records and following Safeguarding procedures
We are looking for someone with experience of working with people with learning and/or physical disabilities and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities. A level 2 qualification in care or learning support is desirable
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of x holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: 18/08/2019
Interview date: 30/08/2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.