Aims of Job/Job Purpose
To support the work of the division and ensure an accurate ILR is produced and ensures compliance with all aspects of internal and external procedures.
To be a first point of contact for enquires regarding ILR data
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Generate an accurate ILR file from EBS.
2. To assist in the production of SLT reports through the generation of the funding snapshot.
3. Work to resolve ILR errors due to incomplete or incorrect data in conjunction with other members of the MIS team.
4. Work with other members of the cross college teams to make recommendations to reduce errors in the ILR.
5. Routinely run data evaluation software to highlight any errors or issues. This includes DSATS, FIS, and in house systems.
6. Produce and review validations and make any necessary data corrections to ensure data meets audit requirements and funding claims are maximised.
7. Make sure data complies with funding and audit guidance and advise where issues arise.
8. To assist in the submission of all other external funding and data returns as requested by external bodies including, but not limited to, Local Authority, OfS and WMCA.
9. Analyse management information to identify trends and eradicate data errors.
10. Maintain and update dashboards and reports, always ensuring data accuracy.
11. To assist with staff development across the college
12. Undertaking any duties commensurate with the post
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with internal and external quality standards and contributing to the College’s strategic aims
• Complying with and putting into operation college and division policies and procedures and health and safety regulations
• Supporting the protection and promotion of both staff and student welfare, particularly with regards to upholding the College’s Equal Opportunities policy
• Maintaining confidentiality in relation to all College information. Duties which include the processing of any personal information of staff or students or any details about other educational services must comply with Data Protection Legislation and not be divulged without authorisation
• Participating in the College’s Appraisal schemes, such as ISAR (Individual Self Assessment Reports), and undertaking any training, including CPD (Continuous Professional Development), as required
• Liaising with other MIS Staff to ensure an effective, consistent approach to the MIS function across the college
• Liaising with other departments to ensure an effective MIS service is delivered to the college
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate