School Liaison and Marketing Executive
Term time only (42 weeks, including the last 2 weeks of August)
Starting salary £23,058, developing to £25,098 dependent on performance.
Oaklands College is a Hertfordshire-based, with campuses in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the successful, friendly and vibrant marketing team as a School Liaison and Marketing Executive. This role will be instrumental in delivering and creating student transition activities from school assemblies, to careers fairs and campus tours to key feeder schools across the region.
Oaklands offer a range of full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and degree level courses. Our main provision focuses on school leavers; whether a student’s ambition is to train for a specific trade or continue into university education - we have a course for all. We are at the heart of the community, providing activities and a friendly learning environment for people at all ages.
The School Liaison and Marketing Executive will work with internal curriculum, support teams and continue to build relationships with local schools and career advisors, arranging recruitment events to showcase the facilities and experience at Oaklands College
The role includes travel in the local community and so a full driving licence and car are essential. Due to the nature of the audience - students, parents, teachers, careers advisors - some evening working will be involved (for instance working at information evenings in the academic year) as well as the occasional weekends for marketing support at events such as the annual Lambing weekend are required.
- Work with designated schools to promote the college offer and to plan effective transitions.
- Plan and deliver activities and attend school events as required to achieve the above.
- Successfully manage the relationship between the college, designated schools and careers advisers.
- Increase the number of ‘feeder schools’ to the college through pro-active networking with schools.
- Participate within the media, marketing and promotional activity as required to meet the needs of the College.
- Support at College events both internal and external as required including Open Evenings, Interview Evenings and Community Events.
- Provide accurate information to feed into the analysis on expenditure, effectiveness and progress of activities.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to excel whilst enjoying a truly varied role. This is definitely not your typical office based 9-5 post and would suit someone who is happy to work on their own as well as being a team player. In return, we can offer a lovely environment to work, friendly team, flexible working and fantastic holiday allowance.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.