Space Studio - Feltham
School Support Assistant (Front Office - Administration)/Learning Support Assistant
Term Time (41 working weeks per year) 36hrs per week
Salary Scale 3, £22,185 - £22,587 pro rata (actual gross salary c. £19,884 - £20,245),
(Fixed Term Contract ending 31st August 2022)
Space Studio West London is a 14-19 Studio School, that opened in September 2015 and specialises in Space, Aerospace, Science, Engineering and Mathematics. We offer an exciting range of traditional (including Further Maths) and applied qualifications. The School offers students the opportunity to take part in regular educational visits and work with local, national and international experts in the field including NASA, The National Space Centre, UK and European Space Agencies, and the Aerospace and Aviation industry around Heathrow.
We are seeking a friendly and enthusiastic Support/Learning Assistant for our newly opened school. The role is expected to develop over time so, as well as general administrative skills, an enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach to work is essential.
As this role is a mixed position the duties with be a 50/50 split between the office administration side and the hands-on Learning Support Assistant side so the duties vary between the two.
School Support Assistant (Front Office - Administration)
• Cover main reception, meeting, greeting and recording all visitors
• Data entry and maintenance of student details on school database
• Assistant to the School/Student Support Manager
• Play a supporting role in the undertaking of a range of administrative processes (e.g. concerning data management, reprographics, core project, and exams)
Other duties and supporting responsibilities may include (subject to previous experience and qualifications):
• managing equipment
• educational visits
Learning Support Assistant
• To be responsible for supporting teaching and learning in the classroom to ensure consistent delivery of agreed outcomes, including where agreed small group or 1-to-1 teaching.
• To work with teachers to assess the needs of individual children.
• To facilitate discussion with classroom teacher around specific working practices.
• To assist in creating materials, resources and additional content for curriculum delivery.
• To assist pupils' achievement within and outside of the classroom, e.g., computer lab, library.
Intervention Support Responsibilities
• To work with the SENCo and other teachers to implement Pupil Education, Care and Health Plans and develop resources for pupils who have: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), speech or language impairments, or behaviours that interfere with learning and/or relationships.
• To regularly update student profiles and logs so that interventions are appropriately recorded.
• To plan and undertake direction for one-to-one teaching where necessary.
• To observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
Please see attached the full applications pack for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘fast apply’ button and fill in the application form.
Closing date – Sunday 31st October - 11pm
Interview date – TBC
The Aspirations Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants. This process is outlined below but can be provided in more detail if requested.
Space Studio West London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.