Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Developing innovative strategies to maximise the College's recruitment within schools and wider community.
2. Working with College Faculties and Business Development to understand their curriculum offer including Apprenticeships.
3. Attending schools and community events and liaising with other college staff to develop a coordinated approach to representing the college.
4. Organising a broad range of regular college taster events and visits for school pupils with Faculty Administration Managers and the Business Development Team.
5. Developing links with schools and other community agencies to promote the College provision.
6. Finding and promoting opportunities for other college staff to engage in schools'careers programmes.
7. Promoting and marketing schools liaison activity events in the internal staff bulletin and the wider community.
8. Monitoring the effectiveness of schools liaison activity and preparing reports for management.
9. Supporting Open Days with responsibility for ensuring a suitable range of demonstrations, tours and activities at each college campus.
10.Ensuring CRM is maintained and appropriate analysis and feedback of data given.
11. Developing and maintaining relationship management with schools and community bodies.
12.Producing and delivering presentations for school, verbally and electronically to prospective students and/or their parents.
13.Maintaining the accuracy of external agencies' online resources in their representation of the college.
14. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
15.Market research and feedback on new courses.
16.Investigating and developing creative approaches to link with school and community bodies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College's strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students' welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College's Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College's Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate