We are recruiting exceptional Science and Engineering teachers to join our team at UWE Bristol’s International College. You will have the opportunity to deliver outstanding lessons across a range of science disciplines on our International year One in Engineering and Foundation Certificate in Science & Engineering.
Our students learn in a wide variety of ways, enabling them to develop the behaviours and skills needed for university in the UK. As students move through their programme, teachers will be directing, guiding and supporting them in different ways at different times. The focus will be for students to participate in:
• a range of learning activities including active learning, workshops, laboratory sessions, online support through the VLE, project-focussed and other Applied Learning tasks as well as more traditional lectures and seminars
• assessment to receive feedback on their work so they may improve, and to arrive at their summative marks. Some assessment will be digital, some non-digital; projects, group and individual assignments will all feature.
• activities with Learning Advisors, including reviewing progress, ensuring VLE engagement and being taking up support/intervention/stretching activities so they can achieve their potential. Students may also be signposted to other non-academic support as needed.
• work to support the development of their e-Portfolio
You will plan, prepare, deliver, review and make enhancements to all these learning experiences for students, including:
• Teaching content in the relevant subject area as outlined in the module specifications
• Delivering lessons and other learning activities that engage and inspire students to achieve and learn effectively
• Creating and updating active learning and assessment content, and sharing these across the Kaplan International Pathways network
• Embedding appropriate digital technologies in learning and assessment methods, so that it adds value or creates efficiency or improves student engagement
• Working with colleagues to ensure consistency of delivery of content and assessment processes and sharing these across the Kaplan International Pathways network
• Contributing subject expertise where required for content and assessments across a range of modules
• Supporting students to develop their e-portfolio
You will also
• Develop and implement a range of innovative teaching methods that engage and meet the needs of all students
• Devise and deliver a range of enrichment and enhancement activities that raise students’ aspirations and achievements using relevant industry and academic networks
• Develop and implement module examinations and other forms of assessment, marking, providing feedback to students and moderation and standardisation
• Support the use of digital technologies in learning activities and develop your own competencies through personal and professional development;
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the College Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance and use these to inform reports to stakeholders
• Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and represent the College at appropriate events and meetings
• Act as a Learning Advisor including reviewing students’ progress, checking on VLE engagement, monitoring welfare and offering support/intervention where required
• Advise on e-portfolio development
• Participate in all relevant administration and organisational tasks; registering student attendance; fulfilling any other duties as designated by the College Management
You will enjoy working with international students, be student focussed, be open to change and development, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be fully committed to ensuring all our students’ success. You will need:
• Experience of teaching to post 16 students (a teaching qualification would be an advantage)
• The ability to plan, deliver and review a range of learning activities that guide and support students to achieve and flourish
• The ability to develop and update innovative teaching material that engages all students
• The ability to work collaboratively as part of a range of different teams in order to continually improve the student experience
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• A strong commitment to continuous professional development and a proven track record of using this to enhance the student experience
• Demonstrable experience of using technology to inform teaching practice and a willingness to embrace innovations
• A Post Graduate qualification but strong first degree or relevant professional experience will be considered
Closing Date for Applications: 31st October 2019
Interviews will be made held in week beginning 4th November 2019
Kaplan International Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.