The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Science Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious and Outstanding Academy. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression. We are particularly interested in candidates who are specialist in physics or chemistry, but biology specialists are also invited to apply.
The Kingston Academy is a new Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. In Autumn 2019, the beginning of our fifth year of operation, we will have 900 pupils across the five year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Justine Free, PA to the Head Teacher. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Clear understanding of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organizational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
- Ideally with experience of running field trips and / or curriculum enhancing residential trips.
We are willing to consider applications from newly qualified teachers.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a full class of pupils;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with Subject Lead, Deputy Head and Head Teacher.
We look forward to receiving your application.