We are seeking to appoint a passionate and highly skilled Teacher of Science (Physics preferably) at Cotham School. You will be required to teach Science at Key Stages 3 and 4 and Physics at KS5. This is a full time permanent post.
- The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and hugely oversubscribed school
- A committed and enthusiastic staff group
- Exciting opportunities in a school with two well established specialisms in Performing Arts and Mathematics with Computing
- A well-resourced faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
You will be:
- A passionate and highly skilled teacher with the ability to teach Science at Key Stages 3 and Physics at Key Stage 5.
- Creative and innovative; willing to contribute to the development of students learning and their progress within a committed and forward looking department and faculty
- Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Closing date: Friday 8th November 2019 (extended to 14.11.19 at 2.00 pm)
Interview date: Friday 15th November 2019 (further interview date TBC)
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK